Title: T4CRM037 - Delivering Microsoft Dynamics Solutions with Sure Step
Duration: 2 days
Price: £1,500 + VAT
Fully prepares students for the included Microsoft Exam MB5-705 which a mandatory requirement for Microsoft Dynamics Gold and Silver partners.
This course is an advanced training workshop that focuses on the Project Management area of Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step. Students assume the role of a Project Manager as they complete a case study involving the implementation of one of the Microsoft Dynamics products at Tailspin Toys, a fictitious customer account.
It supports both Microsoft Dynamics ERP and CRM product lines.
The course provides guidance for using Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step from a Project Manager's perspective as students complete each phase of the implementation. Lab activities focus on project management tasks involving project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and closure. Students are tasked with completing a variety of Sure Step documents and making strategic implementation decisions during each implementation phase.
Students do not install or use Microsoft Dynamics products during the case study. However, sufficient knowledge of one of Microsoft Dynamics products is necessary for the student to tailor the implementation and complete the Sure Step project documents to satisfy the customer’s business requirements. Class discussions following each lab exercise add the dimension of peer learning and play a key role in enforcing the knowledge obtained during the training.
This training is intended for Project Managers and Implementation Consultants responsible for managing Microsoft Dynamics AX, GP, NAV and CRM implementations.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Understand project management essentials.
- Identify waterfall fundamentals.
- Exam agile essentials.
- Examine how to prepare and plan for a Diagnostic phase.
- Decide, plan, and deliver Sure Step decision accelerators.
- Define the scope of the project based on results from the decision accelerator.
- Guide the customer toward the most efficient implementation process and project type.
- Produce time and cost estimates for the project.
- Plan the resources for the project and plan for risks.
- Prepare for and conduct the Kickoff meeting with the Customer.
- Determine if a Solutions Overview is necessary.
- Understand the Detailed Business Process Analysis.
- Identify and document functional requirement Fits and Gaps.
- Control scope creep by implementing proposal management.
- Plan early for the Deployment phase by creating a deployment plan.
- Learn how to use solution design documents.
- Examine Performance Reporting and Status Reporting.
- Plan and perform testing activities across different phases.
- Conduct a tollgate review.
- Examine the Sure Step Agile project type.
- Prepare and conduct the cutover from the non-production to production environment.
- Understand the importance of quality management during the Operation phase.
- Identify how to work towards project closure.